Dear League Member and Friend,
A special week is coming for you - the annual meeting, election day, guest speakers at advocacy meetings and new voter registration opportunities!
1. Today is the last day to early vote! Tuesday, May 24, is the Primary Run Off Election - see your ballot on Vote411.org. And our website has voting information and helpful blog posts to share with friends lwvdallas.org.
2. Volunteer Opportunities to register, educate and create enthusiasm for voting!
- Pop UP GOTV with Somos Tejas, May 20
3. Tomorrow at 10:15 am: the LWVD Annual meeting - please join us in person or on zoom! Click below for meeting logistics, to register and to access the 2022 Annual Meeting Workbook.
4. Wednesday at 6 pm: Can U.S. Census data support our nonprofit work? What is the ACS? Do you have other questions about the census? Susana Privett, Data Dissemination Specialist, will be our speaker from the U.S. Census Bureau.
5. Wednesday at 7 pm: Rita Beving from Public Citizen, on the TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality) and the Texas Sunset Review Committee and how you can make a difference in North Texas.
6. Thursday at 6:30 pm: LWVD members, Barbara Larkin and Kebran Alexander, served on the Dallas Redistricting Commission, and will share their experiences, observations and thoughts on the process.
7. LWV US Convention 2022 – June 23 to 26, 2022 in Denver - register by June 6.
LWV US Convention Information
LWV Dallas President