Dear League Member and Friend,
1. Mark Your Calendar for the Next Elections in Dallas County!
May 24 - Primary Runoff Election (early voting begins May 16)
For the Primary Runoff Election on Tuesday May 24, the same candidate information that was available for the Primary is already live on Vote411.org. Check it out to see the folks you can support. Turnout for the Joint Local Election on May 7 was incredibly low – less than 7%. Every vote counts so much more in low turnout elections. Please take a quick trip to any Vote Center in Dallas County to cast your vote for the candidates in your party’s Primary. If you didn’t vote in the Primary you will need to select which party you would like to vote in for this election. Early voting is only 1 week and starts on Monday.
If you are voting by mail and got confused and threw away your Ballot by Mail, please go to any Vote Center and tell them what happened (they will take only a few minutes to move you from the Ballot by Mail list to the in person voting list) so you can vote in person.
2. We have multiple BLOG posts on our Home Page for you to read and share about the May elections. The blogs are all timely and ready to share. There are also recordings of candidate forums. Send folks to our webpage: lwvdallas.org
1. Voters Guide for May 24th Primary Run Off Election - thank you Elizabeth Wally
2. Voter Information Flyers - in English, Spanish and Vietnamese.
Thank you Dorit Suffness, Ryan Huynh and Jessica Rivera-Lucas!
3. All About School Boards - Thank you Miriam Foshay!
4. Candidate Forums - Thank you Chelsea Keller!
3. Saturday, May 14 - 10AM - LWVD Board Meeting
- In-person at the LWVD office
4. Monday, May 16 through Friday, May 20 - Get Out The Vote Volunteer Opportunities
- Pop UP GOTV with Somos Tejas
- GOTV at DeSoto Public Library
5. Saturday, May 21 - 10:15-1:15PM - LWVD Annual Meeting
Everyone is welcome to come, but only members will be eligible to vote on business.
The format of the meeting will be a hybrid. You can join in-person or via Zoom. Please specify how you will be joining in your registration.
Please see the 2022 Annual Meeting Items of Business2022 AM Items of Business
Coffee and cookies and lunch will be provided. Donations are welcome.
6. LWV US Convention 2022 – Save the Date! June 23 to 26, 2022 in Denver
7. Farewell Aqsa and hello Cecilia (Ceci) Silva!
Today is Aqsa’s last day. We wish Aqsa the very best as she graduates from SMU and moves to Houston to begin her career. If you have any recommendations for art, entertainment, restaurant, shopping, or any other places in Houston please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send them to her.
We are delighted to say that Cecilia Silva will be back in our office in June!
More info to follow.
LWV Dallas President