Dear League Member and Friend,
1. Mark Your Calendar for the Next Elections in Dallas County!
- May 7 - Local and Constitutional Amendment Election (early voting begins April 26)
- May 24 - Primary Runoff Election (early voting begins May 16)
On Saturday May 7, voters will weigh in on candidates for city council and school board and also on two state constitutional amendments. Vote411 is live now. The same information will also be available in printed voter guides in libraries and online in PDF form.
For the Primary Runoff Election on Tuesday May 24, the same candidate information that was available for the Primary will be posted once again on Vote411.org, shortly before the start of early voting.
2. We have multiple BLOG posts on our Home Page for you to read and share about the May elections. The blogs are all timely and ready to share. Send folks to our webpage: lwvdallas.org
1. Voters Guide - Thank you Elizabeth Wally!
2. Voter Information Flyers - in English, Spanish and Vietnamese.
Thank you Dorit Suffness, Ryan Huynh and Jessica Rivera-Lucas!
3. All About School Boards - Thank you Miriam Foshay!
4. Candidate Forums - Thank you Chelsea Keller!
3. Saturday, April 30 through Thursday, May 4 - Voter Registration and GOTV Volunteer Opportunities
- GOTV at Mountain View Campus
- GOTV at Brookhaven Campus
- GOTV at DeSoto Public Library
- GOTV at El Centro Campus
- GOTV at Duncanville Public Library
- Voter Registration/Education at White Rock Lake
4. Wednesday, May 4 - 7PM - Crucial Conversations: Challenging AAPI Hatred
- We’re partnering with the Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum for their 2022 Crucial Conversations on challenging AAPI hatred.
- In the first session of this series, they will focus on the history of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) in the United States, including the journeys of immigrants and refugees from different regions of Asia, anti-AAPI legislation, and challenges faced and overcome by AAPI communities.
5. Friday, May 6 - 12-1:15PM - US Congress District 24 Democratic Primary Candidate Forum (NDCC)
6. LWV US Convention 2022 – Save the Date! June 23 to 26, 2022 in Denver
7. LWVD is hiring!
This is a great time to be a part of our nonprofit organization with multiple elections in 2022, new elections laws, and plenty of interesting projects to support Dallas County voters and our mission! Would you, or do you know someone, who would like to work for LWVD? We are seeking a person to work in the office for 20 hours per week.
- Office location – 6060 N. Central Expressway, Suite 200, 75206 (Just behind the Beeman Hotel north of Mockingbird Station)
- Hours – 20 per week (10-3 with some flexibility). No benefits included.
- Skills needed –software: Excel, Word, Publisher and Canva. Knowledge of Hootsuite is considered a plus. Bilingual (English and either Spanish or Vietnamese) also considered a plus.
- Aptitude and attitude needed: very organized and open to learning ClubExpress and Hootsuite.
Aqsa Mohammed is currently working for us at 10 hours a week. She will be graduating from SMU this spring and has already given notice that her last day will be May 13. We would like to find someone soon to start working 20 hours per week and have time with Aqsa before she leaves.
LWV Dallas President