Members and non-members, please join us for our inaugural Health Care Advocacy Committee meeting and hear from passionate new members about health care and plans for the committee!
M.D., retired Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern
Ph.D. Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern and working on food security and equity.
The inaugural meeting of the Dallas LWV healthcare advocacy committee will be held via zoom on Thursday February 2 at 7:30pm. During the meeting we hope to meet members anxious to take political action to protect the health of women and children in Texas. Experienced League members will review the definition and techniques of effective political advocacy and identify important upcoming legislation.With your input we plan to determine a successful action plan!
Health Care Advocacy Committee Inaugural Agenda
Thursday, February 2nd, 2023
7:30 - 8:20 PM
1. Welcome and Introductions - Julia Fielding
2. What league advocacy committees do - Robin Lederer and Ashley Washington
3. League positions on reproductive health (local, state, national) - Diane Tasian
4. Health care related bills in the 88th legislature - Kelseanna Hollis-Hansen
5. Next steps and action items